Saturday, October 2, 2010

Good times...

Okay, first off: Last week, I was on the Ubahn, public transport that takes you pretty much anywhere in Vienna, and I saw a lady with a legitimate Zoolander phone. No kidding here.

This week we were in school, and I understand enough in some classes that I can follow along. Then Moritz, the class goofball, decides to try and trick me into thinking I didn't do the right homework. A good sign, because it means slight acceptance and a noted understanding of Deutsch, but also bad. Why? He almost pulled it off.

Then my birthday. It was amazing! Gabi made fish and veggies in some sort of delicious paprika sauce. And, we made a cake. It was initially going to be one layer, but Clara said, "Can we do two layers? One white and one chocolate?" Gabi only gave in because it was my one and only birthday here, meaning that it had to be special. I got jewelry and really nice scarves, along with a cute blouse and sudoku. Oh, and pens with which to do said sudoku. Really fun overall.

Then, D-Kurs happened. It was Intercultural Day. Basically, walk around in your AFS shirts with signs that advertise AFS. Some crusty old man came up to me and my partner, asking questions. It seemed innocent enough, but no, he had to sit and stare at us for ten minutes from outside a store two windows down. Needless to say we switched locations.

Friday was immensely better. I went to a disco!!! I invited the other AFSers, but only two actually came along. There were three girls who I know through my host sister, my host sister, and the guy from our class I think she wants to set me up with thanks to Alex little "Get Alyssa a boyfriend" comment. Anyway, it was really fun. My sort of birthday party, I guess.

Violin lesson was a minor blip. I have to learn how to bow. Again. Except, it is a style that nobody has tried to teach me before, so my bow hand is sore. I feel like a wimp. Problem is, the bowing style requires different hand muscles, therefore I am not a true weakling.

My English grammar is starting to disappear- I am starting to phrase and spell things the German way. A good sign. Too bad my speaking still isn't up to par.

No comments:

Post a Comment